Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Nice Little Lentil Soup

I haven't posted anything in a while, but I thought the lentil soup I made today deserves a little air time. I don't have a recipe as such, but here it goes:

I cook tiny black organic lentils in vegetarian broth until tender, maybe 30 minutes or so. In the meantime, I cut half a red onion into small dice (use only a quarter if onion is big) and sauté it in olive oil with a few shakes of red pepper flakes. Then I add 3 tbs or so tomato paste and a few pinches of curry powder and continue sautéing until fragrant. Now I pour in some filtered water until the mixture has a nice soupy consistency. I toss in 2-3 cups of the cooked and cooled lentils and let it simmer until the flavors come together. I season the soup with sea salt and serve with a little chopped chives sprinkled on top, that is it!

Enjoy......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers