Friday, November 4, 2011

Sweet Pickles!!

Here is something fun and easy to make. I found this recipe in an United In-Flight magazine, imagine that! I have made this with little tiny green and yellow cucumbers that I bought at the Farmer's Market and then quartered them lengthwise. I have also used the little Persian cucumbers from Trader Joe's. Next, I will try it with radishes, why not? Pickles are in....

Raw vegetables
1 cup water, piping hot out of the faucet
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
6 tb sugar
2 1/4 ts kosher salt

Combine water, vinegar, sugar and salt and stir until sugar has dissolved. Pack the vegetables tightly in a quart container or any glass container you have laying around. Pour brine over vegetables, cover, and refrigerate. Let sit for 3 or 4 days at minimum, or a week for optimum flavor. Should be consumed quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers